Happy people make better lawyers.
Latham recognizes the importance of a satisfying life outside of the firm.
Work at an Alternative Pace
Life happens and you should have the flexibility not only to manage it, but to enjoy it.
When returning from parental care leave, you are automatically entitled to a reduced pace budget, no approval needed. And you may request a reduced pace schedule for any reason — child care, elder care, outside personal interest, or desire for a greater work-life balance.
Devoting more time to your life outside of work should not — and does not — impact your progression in the firm. You are assigned an Associates Committee member to serve as a resource for your professional development and you will remain eligible for long-term roles, including partnership.
Harmonize Your Working Parent Experience
As a new parent, you will benefit from one of the most generous parental leave policies of any major law firm.
As a working parent, you will benefit from the support of other parents from across the firm with the Latham Parent Lawyers Group (PLG), one of our Global Affinity Groups. The PLG seeks to improve your working parent experience, ensure that you have the resources and support you need across the firm, and foster a culture that makes Latham a supportive global law firm for you and other working parents. With the PLG’s firmwide platform that builds a community of parent lawyers, you can:
- Connect with other expectant, new and veteran parents as you transition in and out of leave and plan your career
- Ship breast milk home to your child while traveling for work or firm meetings (e.g., our training academies)
- Access a PLG site specifically devoted to working parents with a dedicated local page for each office, containing policies, benefits, contacts, news and events relevant to parents
- Get involved with gender-neutral leadership positions and initiatives across our local offices
- Draw on a mentoring network for parents throughout all stages of childhood
- Gain tips and draw real-life experience from firmwide “Parent Power Profiles” highlighting other Latham parent lawyers
- Engage with your colleagues’ children and families during in-office holiday events and firm-sponsored out-of-office excursions
Integrate Your Work With Your World
Latham’s world-class technology supports flexibility and autonomy so you can manage both challenging work and sometimes complicated schedules.
- Connect seamlessly and securely across borders and time zones
- Receive round-the-clock technology support and document processing services
- Choose to have a Cisco office phone at home, offering you the flexibility to work or unplug on your schedule
Get Involved in Your Communities
You are a valued contributor to society and we encourage your involvement. As a Latham lawyer, you will have our support to participate on boards of non-profit organizations, teach at law schools and give back to your communities.