International Visiting Associate -
Latin America Practice
International Visiting Associates
Our International Visiting Associate Program provides a select number of visiting lawyers the opportunity to work with Latham’s award-winning Latin America Practice as they help clients navigate some of the largest and most sophisticated business transactions and disputes in the region.
During the 10 to 12 months at Latham, visiting associates receive invaluable hands-on experience and practical training as they play an active role in helping to provide comprehensive international advice across several of the firm’s global practice areas.
• Law degree in Latin American home country (top academic achievement)
• Ability to practice law in home country (member of local Bar, remains in good standing, etc.)
• Three years of experience practicing law in home jurisdiction
• Professional level fluency in written and spoken English
• US LLM degree or equivalent degree from another jurisdiction preferred but not required
• Ability to practice law in the United States (member of the Bar in a US state) preferred but not required
Please note, we will give careful consideration to all applications submitted using our recruitment portal. Please do not send your application materials to Latham attorneys or staff members directly.
As a matter of policy, Latham & Watkins does not pay placement fees for International Visiting Associates. Accordingly, we will not accept International Visiting Associate resumes from placement agencies.
- International Visiting Associate Recruiting
- [email protected]