Technology Innovation Summit
Latham will host a select group of first-year law students at our Technology Innovation Summit in New York City.
Date: March 21-22, 2019
Location: Latham’s New York Office
The Latham & Watkins Technology Innovation Summit is a two-day professional development program that focuses on exploring the growing intersection between law and technology. Through a series of presentations, simulations, and workshops, participants will engage with our lawyers, Innovation and Technology Solutions Attorneys (who are dedicated to further developing Latham’s technology as it relates to the practice of law), and senior executives from the firm and industry who are experts in emerging and fast evolving legal technology.
We will seek to answer this question: How can you make technology one of your competitive advantages? Changing regulations, cybersecurity, and other forces are shaping how and where lawyers work, so being innovative and tech-savvy will be key to your success as a lawyer. The summit’s interactive sessions will cover a variety of topics, including artificial intelligence, blockchain, practice area-specific resources, emerging legal technologies, and design thinking.
Benefits of Program
- Participants will be identified as an exclusive group of Latham & Watkins Technology Innovation Summit Scholars, providing an opportunity to network and build relationships with like-minded peers from a variety of top law schools
- Sponsored travel and accommodations for participants traveling from outside of the New York metro area
- Participants will gain valuable perspective, information and skills to equip them to succeed in the rapidly evolving legal profession
The application process is open to all first-year law students (class of 2021),* regardless of race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military service, disability, or any other characteristic or condition protected by applicable law. We will evaluate all applications, considering the factors below:
- Academic and leadership achievements
- Demonstrated interest in learning about legal technology (technology background is not a prerequisite)
- A desire to practice law at a global law firm
*For schools not observing spring break during this period, we do not want to interfere with your academic schedule. We anticipate other future opportunities for us to engage.
The application period is now closed.
Application materials for the Technology Innovation Summit:
- Completed online application.
- Unofficial 1L law school transcript
- A brief statement of interest (no more than 500 words) addressing your interest in (1) learning about innovation and technology; and (2) views on how you can make technology one of your competitive advantages.